This past year has been crazy, everyone has experienced new routines and constant changes. One thing that will never change, however, is that we all have to eat! Since cooking is a huge hobby of mine and I live by the saying “The heart of the home is the kitchen,” I would love to share some recipes with you!
This roasted red pepper pasta is one of my favorites (as well as my husband’s!), so I wanted it to be one of the first ones I shared. I have been making this one for years! The first time was when my older sister was my guinea pig for trying new recipes. I hope you all get a chance to make this delicious meal! If you do, let me know how you like it!
1 box fettuccine
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp minced garlic (or 2 cloves)
1/2 cup heavy cream (or half & half)
4 oz goat cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 jar roasted red peppers
*you are welcome to roast your own but it takes FOREVER
salt & pepper
Protein of your choice: I usually use shrimp but chicken works great too!
1. Start by cooking your pasta like you normally would. While the pasta is starting to boil, begin to cook your protein, in a different pan.
2. Now it is time to chop up the Roasted Red Peppers!
3. In another pan begin to melt the butter and add in your garlic. Cook until fragrant. This is usually when I decide to pour myself a glass of wine. A drier white blend like a sauvignon blanc goes great with this dish 🙂
4. Add cream, goat cheese, parmesan cheese, and roasted red peppers in with the garlic that has been melted with butter. Simmer until the cheese has melted
5. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste. Use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree into a smooth sauce.
6. Drop your cooked protein into the smooth sauce.
7. Lastly mix in the fettuccine and serve with basil as a garnish.